Why Brook Road Academy?
- Our teachers do more than teach. They are life coaches invested in the long-term success of each student.
- We offer a flexible curriculum built on students’ individual strengths and interests.
- Small class sizes provide an intimate, nurturing learning experience.
- Every opinion is valued in our conversational approach to learning. We encourage communication and ensure all students have the opportunity to join class discussions.
- Students have access to Career and Transition Services to help them envision and reach their goals after high school.
- Our focus is not solely on academic achievement. We strive to foster the growth of the whole child and instill the qualities of leadership, self-esteem, and community.
Some students do well in a “traditional” school program. Others don’t. Maybe their school is “too big” or “impersonal.” Maybe “the other kids aren’t like me.” Or maybe “the teachers don’t like me.”
If you or your child is unhappy with your current school, if things aren’t working out, if grades are starting to slip, you should look at Brook Road Academy.
Watch our video to learn more about what makes us unique.
The majority of our graduates have continued their education at colleges and universities including William & Mary, Randolph-Macon College, Hollins University, University of Mary Washington, Washington College, Ferrum College, Cabrini College, Reynolds Community College, and many more. Wherever your path may lead, we’ll help you get there.
Brook Road Academy is located on the campus of St. Joseph’s Villa. We invite you to learn more about our community, see comments from our parents and students, and come visit us in person. To arrange a personal tour, please call 804-553-3241 or contact us online here.
Follow us on Facebook!